The Reading Together® programme has been implemented at Lynmore Primary School in Rotorua, and the 2 June 2023 Lynmore School Newsletter contains feedback on page 16. Excerpts from the School Newsletter follow:
The last of our four Reading Together® workshops was held this week. A huge thank you to the whānau who participated. It was so wonderful to have so many engaged and willing participants.
Some feedback includes:
- I now have a more consistent approach and timetable to the home learning and literacy time, be it a shared book or a home reading/learning activity.
- My child seems happier and I have some strategies to support her.
- Knowing how to give good specific feedback was useful.
- As an adult I am now more engaged while we are reading together. I have some ideas of how to maintain my child's interest and involve them when reading together.
- Both myself and my child have an improved attitude towards our home learning and it is more enjoyable for the both of us.
- Understanding that developing vocabulary is very important especially as a second language family.
- Being reminded of how difficult it is to learn to read was empowering.
Posted: Tuesday 6 June 2023